So you’ve reached this point in your life without finding success with your skin care routine.
Maybe you let your self-care slip by the wayside while you focused on school or your career. Maybe you’re short for time as you’re busy caring for a family. Maybe you’ve struggled with acne, or redness, or maybe you’ve just never known where to begin, and felt like you missed your chance.
The important thing is that you’re here! You’ve recognised that you need some help, and I’m here to teach you that great skin is possible for everyone.
How this guide will empower you
Nobody can success alone – you’ve got to have the proper guidance to offer you the skills, advice and support you need.
Not only have I seen it time and time again, but I personally have already muddled my way through life, going from extremely careless and misguided to dedicated to healthy skin, and being motivated to create this resource for you!
The below articles are designed to take you from clueless skin care beginner to having your own personalised routine and the skills to stick to it day in and day out – no matter your history.
You’ll learn techniques that will change the way you treat your skin for the better.
These are the key steps to understanding your skin and why you’re unhappy with it, and building your own routine to get the skin you want!
Want everything done for you? Access a free all-in-one beginner skin care guide here, which includes tips for success, a weekly schedule for introducing new products, and complete personalised product recommendations. I highly recommend it!
Let’s get started!
1. Learn the fundamentals of building a routine
Before you can put together your own routine, it’s imperative to know why you need one, how to approach it and the core steps every routine is built around.
2. Find out your skin type
Identifying your skin type now will allow you to make more informed choices when it comes to choosing the products that are right for you.
3. Determine your skin issues
Before you can tackle a skin problem, you need to be sure of what you’re dealing with. Sometimes there are nuances to a condition like acne that make a huge difference to how you treat it and the products you’ll need. Start here to find out exactly what your skin issues are.
- Common skin conditions: dehydration & sensitivity
- How to easily determine the kind of acne you have
- How to tell if your redness is rosacea
- How to identify acne marks & scars: PIE vs PIH
4. Treat your skin issues
The treatment or ‘actives’ step in your routine is where your creativity can really shine. Use the guides below to help you find the right products to effectively deal with your own individual skin issues.
- How to tackle dehydration & sensitivity
- Fight blackheads and whtieheads with one ingredient
- Flatten inflammatory and cystic acne with one ingredient
- Calm rosacea at home: Soothing ingredients and products
- Fade freckles and pigmentation: 3 effective ingredients
- Eliminate acne marks & scars: PIE & PIH
- Neverending Blackheads: Explaining sebaceous filaments
5. Finalise and implement your routine and stick to it
With any new routine it’s important to be strict with yourself so it becomes habitual. If you’re forgetting to do your routine in your rush to work or school or can’t remember what steps go where, these articles should help.
6. Having trouble?
It important to remember that things won’t always go to plan. Your skin might dislike a new product, or you just aren’t seeing results. Below are some resources to help you identify where these problems lie so you can get to the bottom of it.
- The 6 worst things you’re doing to your skin
- 7 signs it’s time to see a dermatologist
- What to do when motivation runs dry
7. It’s time for you to venture out!
Congratulations! You’ve now learned the basics of skin care and created your first routine!
Now use what you know as a jumping off point to expand your knowledge and explore all there is to learn. You can visit any of the categories below to broaden your horizons and start the rest of your journey!